Women Self Defense
For the past several months, crime against women in Delhi and Gurgaon has rapidly snowballed into an alarming situation. We receive many enquires and phone calls daily for special self defense programs for women in Delhi and other metro cities. In response to this, we have introduced customized self-defense workshops for women.
From school-aged girls to housewives and working women, anyone can learn a set of effective defense techniques taught by our professionals.
Besides learning these techniques, the MOST IMPORTANT part is to prepare the mind to be stable at all times and in all kinds of situations.
It has been observed that a person with a strong body and excellent skills can often fail to defend himself because his mind stops working in threatening situations. This is very commonly seen in women.
The 3 MAJOR REASONS women are easy targeted:
Lack of Awareness - You MUST know where you are & what's going on around you.
Body Language - Keep your head up, swing your arms while walking, and stand straight up, confidently.
Wrong Place, Wrong Time - DON'T walk alone in a dark alley, or drive alone in a bad neighborhood at night.
Tips that can save your life: Be Aware - Act Smart - Be Safe
- Don't fight with the attacker. Don't try to win, just try to escape and avoid the situation. You may be hurt badly while fighting unless you have a friend's help.
- Look confident. People can spot a "victim posture" a mile away. Heads up, shoulders back, stand straight, and look at those you meet while passing in the eye.
- Be alert to the people around you. If they look questionable, move on to another place. Be judgmental.
Always believe in your sixth sense.
- Always keep your distance when walking past strangers on the street or in dark areas.
- You'd better have a charged cell phone to call for help
- Click picture or make videos of a suspicious people and share with your family and friends to discuss further actions.
- Install emergency Applications on your smart phone to send the emergency help.
- If a mugger demands your wallet or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM! Toss it away from you. Chances are that he will be more interested in your wallet or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
- ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
Getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
- Try to park your car near the lift or elevators
- Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
- If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most criminals attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
- Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.